Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tutorial: Wearable Work/School Look

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!  I did it!  I managed to successfully film, edit and post my first makeup tutorial!

ahem.

This is my first tutorial.  And of course, I filmed it the day of the great hair disaster.  Ugh.  I have an appointment on Tuesday to fix it.

Anyway, the tutorial ...

It's a work/wearable look.  And I do realize that what is work/wearable is completely subjective.  So I will just say that for me, in my work environment, this is about what I can get away with.  It's matte shadows on the eye with glowy skin and a fairly neutral lip.



Products:

Face:
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation
L'Oreal Magic Lumi primer/highlighter
MAC mineralize concealer
Laura Mercier transluscent pressed powder
MAC Pro Longwear Eyeshadow in Carefree

Eyes:
Inglot matte shadows #360, #329
Sephora Collection Colorful Mono Eyeshadow in 08 Universal Beige
L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara in Black Brown
L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Brown

Lips:
Revlon Lip Butter in 001 Pink Truffle

3 comments:

  1. Loved this! I meant to tell you that I bought a lip butter last week. I really like it.

    I hadn't thought about applying foundation with a brush. Does it seem to work better than using those application pads or your fingers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on your skin and the foundation. I'm using the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation (which would be way to emolient for you probably) and it applies well with fingers. But if I put it on with a brush, then I can use the brush later to clean up my eye makeup. Some of my foundations definitely do apply better with brushes, but I haven't really been wearing them lately.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete