Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review: Argan Oil Hair Products - Garnier, Got2B

I have a lot of body in my hair.  It's not really curly, it's mostly just puffy.  And because of it, I have 3 choices for managing my hair.  I can:
  • straight iron my hair
  • use oil based frizz fighter
  • use sticky (gel, hairspray, mouse, etc) frizz fighter
It has been raining here for the last week, so flat ironing is right out.  It would be pointless.  My hair would be curled up again before I made it out of the house.

I also don't wash my hair every day.  I tend to wash it 2-3 times per week.  So while gel or other sticky products will keep it looking nice on the first day, it doesn't tend to wear well.  By the second day, sticky products tend to put this sort of grayish film on my hair.  No one wants that.  

Because flat ironing and using sticky products are both problematic, I've been using styling oils to keep the frizz at bay.  As I said before, my hair has a ton of body.  So I can put on a liberal amount of styling oil without it getting lank or limp or looking greasy.  The styling oil also tends to hold up from day to day much better than gel or any other sticky product.

I got a sample of AG Hair's styling oil from Ulta and it was great.  I really liked it.  But it's on the pricier end of styling oils.

Recently, both Garnier and Got2B came out with their own take on styling oils.

The products are really similar and priced comparably as well.  You can find them both from $5 - $8 at most retailers:  Wal-Mart, Target, CVS etc.  Garnier has more product - 5.1oz, vs Got2B's 4 oz.

Garnier says it contains Argan and Apricot oil.  It does have more fragrance than the Got2B product.

Got2B says it has Argan, White Grape and Marula oil.

I have to say that I'm not a chemist, but looking at the ingredient list on the 2 of them, they are really similar. 

Garnier:


Got2B:



I've also tried the Organix argan oil treatment, but I seem to get a lot more bang for my buck out of these leave-in products.

Overall, I'd give both these products 8/10

Have you guys tried them?  What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. I don't have any body in my hair :( I am interested in trying an argan oil for my hair though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do try it out, definitely let me know what you think. I don't know that it _wouldn't_ work for someone with much straighter hair. I just didn't want to recommend anything for people with a dramatically different hair type than I have.

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us! I hope to read more of your post which is very informative and useful to all the readers. I salute writers like you for doing a great job! Flat Iron Tips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I really appreciate it!

      Delete