Friday, February 17, 2012

Vegas Haul: Eyeshadows from Tom Ford and Inglot

I was in Vegas and I just have to share what I picked up!

I had been planning this trip for a while and I had been saving money to splurge.  I had heard fabulous things about both the Tom Ford eyeshadow quads and just about everything from Inglot.  However, I wasn't willing to shell out the money for pictures on a website.  I wanted to see the products in person before I purchased.  Luckily, I could do that in Vegas.

Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad


In the US, the Tom Ford shadows aren't the easiest thing to find.  The lipsticks are available lots of places.  Ditto with the fragrance.  But I was only able to find the eyeshadows at a couple of places.

 Nieman Marcus carries them and so do Saks and Bergdorf's.  Even the Tom Ford boutique in Vegas didn't carry them.  But luckily, there's a Nieman Marcus at the mall (and there may be a Saks too).

First off, the packaging on the Tom Ford shadows is amazing.  It's very masculine, but it's so glossy with such clean lines.  (Forgive the less than stellar pictures.  Mine is fairly beat up from regular use.)

All of the quads were beautiful.  Sooo creamy and the pigmentation is fantastic.  After much debate, I finally went with the Quad in Golden Mink.

The quad has two shadows, a light Champaigne brown and a darker brown sable color.  There are also two glitters, one gold and one more peachy/Champaigne.

(If anyone's interested let me know and I can do actual swatches.  While I suspect you could get a dupe for the darker brown color, I certainly don't have anything in my personal collection that comes anywhere close.)

Like I said earlier, the color payoff from the shadows is fabulous.  And on me at least they're really long wearing.  I absolutely love them.

The glitters are fantastic as well.  I have several cosmetic glitters from different companies, and these are completely different.  The texture sort of reminds me of the L'Oreal Infallible shadows.  There are definitely pieces of glitter, but there's also some liquid component that makes it apply much more like a shadow.  The glitter particles are so fine that the effect you get is just beautiful.  No big chunks, just lots of shimmer.

The overall shopping experience at Nieman Marcus was great.  The woman at the counter was incredibly helpful.  The products were beautiful.  It was a fantastic experience. (overall 10/10)

Inglot Custom Palettes


The Inglot store wasn't what I had expected.  It reminded me a lot of the first time I went to the local MAC store.  The online catalogs are vast and so tempting and then you walk in the store and it's tiny and poorly organized.

I picked up 2 palettes at Inglot, one for me and one for my daughter.  It was difficult to find the colors I wanted for the custom palette, they seemed to be scattered all around the store in no particular order.

I had wanted to built a custom palette of just neutral mattes, but because I had so much trouble trying to find shades I liked, I just ended up with a mixture.  They're mostly matte and mostly neutral, but it all worked out.

Shopping experience aside, the quality of the shadows is fantastic.  I haven't been disappointed in any of them.  They go on like butter, last really well and the palettes themselves are really high quality, durable and portable.  And their price point is fantastic for product of this quality, especially if you're not having to pay to have them shipped.

I guess the bottom line for me on Inglot is that I love the product, but didn't love the shopping experience.  (overall, 8/10)