Monday, February 13, 2012

Revisiting Eve Pearl "Salmon" Concealer









I've always had problems with dark circles, but this fall/winter it has been just terrible.  I searched and searched for a concealer, but none of them performed well.   I finally decided that despite the high maintenance aspect of it, I was going to have to use a color corrector and concealer.

So ... back to my Eve Pearl "Salmon" concealer.

It is a trick to apply, at least on me.  My under eyes are incredibly dry and crepe-y and I don't know that there's any product on the market that wouldn't cake up at least a little bit on me.

I tried putting different eye primers under my eyes, but those really seemed to make things worse.  So now in the mornings I first apply the Eve Pearl "Salmon" Concealer which is actually a color corrector, not a concealer.  It is super orange and I have to be really careful about making sure it's only on the blue/purplish spots otherwise it is crazy orange on my skin.  Easier said than done.  The product does tend to move around a lot.  I have to be sure NOT to moisturize under my eyes before application or there's no way it will stay put.

I apply the salmon concealer with my fingertips, patting gently to sort of melt the product into my skin.  Once I've applied, it, I let it sit for a minute or two.  Then I go in and along the tops of my cheekbone, I apply a really lightweight concealer.  Right now I'm using CoverGirl Fresh Complexion Concealer in Classic Ivory.  It is a really sheer, really bright concealer.  I just tap it along the top of my cheekbones and over the color corrector.  I have to tap really gently, but really well.  Then I let it sit for about 30 seconds.

Finally, I apply a translucent setting powder.  Right now I'm using the MakeUp Forever HD translucent powder, just because it's handy and because I know I'm not going to be photographed.  I imagine any translucent powder would work just as well.  I do go light on the powder.  I need it to set the concealer so it doesn't move, but I don't want to apply so much that it will cake up.

So all in all, I'm happier with the Eve Pearl "Salmon" Concealer.  I still think they should stop calling it a concealer when it's actually a color corrector.  Also, it's still INCREDIBLY pricey.

But I'm upgrading my review from a 3/10 to a 6/10.