Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Haute Look: Urban Decay24/7 Shadow Pencil Stash

I was in Sephora at the beginning of February looking at the Urban Decay 24/7 shadow pencil in "sin", thanks to Leesha's foundation routine video.  Towards the end of the video, she applies some of the Urban Decay shadow pencils and they look beautiful.

So I was looking at them in Sephora and they're $20 each.  They still are, both on Sephora and Urban Decay. I managed to refrain from making a purchase, thank goodness because ...

On 2/6, Urban Decay was on Haute Look and they had a set of the 24/7 shadow pencils for $12, marked down from $34.  (Turns out you can buy them direct from the UD site right now for the same price.)

As far as I can tell, these aren't minis.  I think it's a set of full size pencils.

Now, I'm not great at math.  And from the sheer amount of hauls and reviews on this blog, it should be apparent I'm not particularly thrifty either, but ...  why on earth would anyone pay $20 each for pencils when you can get a set of 5 for $12?  Anyway, not my problem, I guess.

So I gleefully picked up the set of pencils from Haute Look.  And waited.  And waited.  I love Haute Look, but seriously, waiting for the stuff to arrive is torture.  I ordered on 2/6 and they showed up today, 2/22, which isn't terrible I guess.  (Double yay because guess who has two thumbs and bought a bunch of Stila stuff from Haute Look today?  Yeah.  This guy.  Metaphorically.  As the blog title says, I am a girl.)

Anyway, they're beautiful.  I'm in love with them.

Here's pics:

6 comments:

  1. I almost bought these on Haute Look but i'm more of a liner over shadow girl! I'm glad you waited and got such a good deal, i'm checking out the Stila deal now :) Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will really be the first time I've tried out a shadow pencil and I'm excited to see how it performs. I'll let you know.

      Delete
  2. Great post! Following you on here and also off to follow your twitter now :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your twitter hun? When I click on the button it just takes me to the home page :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. Thanks for letting me know. I'll fix that. My twitter is @GirlieReview

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much For the follow! I fololowed bacckkk

    ReplyDelete